Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Math Madness in 3-Pal

On Friday, May 9, 3-Pal will hold our first annual Math Madness Day! Parents, siblings, and other family members are invited to come to Room 203 at 1:50 PM to play math games with the students. We have really been practicing these games, so you'd better come ready to multiply like a champ! The idea of this afternoon is to show families that there are so many games you can play with simple items you have around your house, like dominoes, dice, and cards.

I would love it if students and families left comments on how they thought our Math Madness went! Which games were your favorite? Which do you think were the most difficult? Will you try some of these games at home? Do you have any suggestions for games for next year's Math Madness? Please leave a comment and tell us what you think!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was a wonderful afternoon. Finally greased the rusted brains. Thank God the calculators got pulled out. The games were great! We will definitely play them over the summer break if not sooner. Really enjoyed every moment of it!! Thanks for inviting us.

Anonymous said...

We had lots of fun at the Math Madness on Friday. The hardest game was the 24 game. We have a suggestion for other games to be added next year:
HOG
Baseball multiplication.
We had a fantastic time.
Thank you Mr. Palladino,
Onnie cay & Ismet kay

Anonymous said...

it was awesome! My favorite was the 24 game.I had lots of fun.[even if I didn't stay the whole time.]

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at math madness!
My favorite game was The Greatest but the other ones were good also. Anyways that was really fun!

Anonymous said...

math madness was fun my favorite game was greatest and least on the smart boroard math madness was fun.

Anonymous said...

i think the math madness was fun the hardest game was deffintly the 24 game i had fun:D but my mom wasent there.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was really cool! We learned so much from this. "24" was the coolest!!
We are going to get that game for home. Thanks for inviting our parents to join in. They mostly stink at math!!!!!

Anonymous said...

my mom and me played math games when i got home sinsce she could not come we played multiplication war and my mom taught me a game called 21 it was really fun:D

Anonymous said...

Math Madness was awesome!I will DEFINITELY try them soon!My favorite games were:The 24 game & Multiplication war.Maybe next year you could do Around the World and Division War!My family says thankyou!I will teach all the games to friends and family too!

qtpie717

Mom said...

3-PAL - We thought the Math Madness was lot of fun, wish it were a bit longer! Our daughter is already making plans to teach her cousins and friends overseas the wonderful games, especially 24 and Multiplication War! You may also want to include some "Math Tricks" next time! Thanks.

Mr. Palladino said...

I would recommend HOG to the other 3rd grade teachers for next year's Math Madness. That would be another simple game to learn and you only need dice and a score sheet to play.

There are a few versions of the "24 Game" for sale on Amazon.com. I'm sure you can find it in many toy stores as well.

I had a lot of fun at Math Madness on Friday! Thanks to everyone for such positive and helpful comments! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.P Mrs.Michael had a good time and she keeps on talking about the games and I liked it too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a fun afternoon! Now I can see why Vincent always tells people that math is one of his favorite subjects when he is asked. I'm going to look for that 24 game - great challenge!

Anonymous said...

I missed the fun. But amazingly when Connie showed me the games at home, I saw 24 game was one of them. I played 24 game a LOT when I was a child in China. Cool game and definately brain training...
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Math Madness was GOOD with the parents! My favorite game


sara

Anonymous said...

Math madness rocked! My mom and me had ALOT of trouble with 24! I loved it!