Instead of a monthly reading log assignment, in June, I will ask students to record their thoughts about their reading on Palladino Pages!
Just like in previous months, you will still read at home for at least 20 minutes per night. Instead of writing your thoughts down on paper, you will log on to Palladino Pages and post your thoughts as a comment to this post! Remember all of the reading strategies we've learned this year, including making connections, asking questions, making predictions and writing a summary.
For the comment you leave, tell us the name of the book you are reading. Make sure to tell us the strategy you're using while you read and an example of how you use it. Give us enough details for us to understand your thoughts. Read over what you've written before you "publish" so that it's the best work you can do!
You only have to make one comment per week, but you may post more comments if you wish. This assignment will be due by Friday each week. If you have any questions, please ask Mr. Palladino.
16 comments:
Tonight, I read for 20 minutes and read 20 pages of Holes. Stanley saw the boat when he was walking toward Big Thumb. He had to make a decision to walk to the boat or keep walking straight. I think he should walk toward the boat because he might find shade, food, or water...or maybe something even better!
My favorite book I read was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I am to the part where Fred and Gerorge give Harry an old piece of parchment. I think it will help him get to Hogsmeade!!!
To night i read the hole book of heart to heart with Mallory it was 150 pages i read for 1 hour it was about Mallory had a secret ammire it was exiting.
ps.katie cat means kate b
Tonight I read some other peoples blog entries! I read about 20 mins
and 30 blog entries!!!! But right now i am resding Harry Potter!
Tonight I read Amelia's itchy twitchy
lovey dovey summer at camp mosquito. It was one of those Amelia's journal things. It was about a girl that went to summer camp and met this cute guy and fought with her friend and after that they made up and forgot about the guy and went home all smiles!
I have started Puppies, Dogs, and Blue Northers. One of the sled dogs brought a orphan puppy. I wonder if they are going to keep it?
I am reading The House on the Gulf. Brittany thinks that bran is acting really weird! He is getting really nervous that the Marquis's stuff is going to break. He puts everything in boxes so no one can get them. But he also puts a lock to his closet and basement but nowhere else!
tonight I read a light in a atic for 20 minuts. I love raeding poeums and shel silverstine is my favorite author. he's the best.
Today I read The Legend of the sleepy hollow. It was a awsome book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is about a headless horserider hauting people.
Last night I read 30 minutes of Fergus Crane. Fergus is a boy who lives with his mom. They are very poor. His mom is a baker. One night a mysterious box with wings flew to his window!
I read Otto undercover for 30 min.
He is undercover. There is this crazy woman that gives people taffy filled with 68xt. He was in a taxi and thaere was a baby on the road.he picked him up. He said TAFFY BAD.Otto got his DNA. it was filled with xt86 . The made taffy with the ingreident xt86. the gave it to every one who ate the taffy with 68xt.This book is really fun!!!!!!!
Tonight I read for 30 minutes and 20 pages of Swindle. One guy lied to the kid by saying the baseball card isn't worth alot but it is.
Tonight I read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I read for about 40 minutes. Gregs Brother Rodrick is putting fake throw-up on peoples cars. And also Rowley just came back from Italy and got into the pop star singer Joshie.
I read GUINES BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS 2006 i know that it isnt this year but all that stuff in the book is so anazing you HAVE to read this book
Tonight I read 20 minutes and 31 pages of The Class Trip from the Black Lagoon. Hubi is scared of going on his first class trip.He is thinking of scary places that they might go. He went to sleep and he woke up at 5:30 AM.He used shoe polish for tooth paste and for cereal he used dishwashing powder all because he was so tired.
I read Black Beauty. I wonder if it's based on or is a true story.I sort of hope it isn't because there is cruel parts in it.
Post a Comment