Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School!

Well, there's no doubt that school is just around the corner. I've been in the classroom at SBS this week, getting ready for the first day of school! It was so great to hear from my former students over the summer, and especially nice to hear from a few of the members of 3-P 2008-2009.

So, what kinds of things have you been doing to get ready for the first day of school? Have you gone shopping for new clothes or school supplies? Have you been picking out some new books to read this year? Will you set your alarm early one morning to practice getting up EARLY for a change?

Are you nervous about the first day of school? Are you excited to have new teachers (or a new school)? Tell me all about it!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Mr. P!
I'm getting excited for 3rd grade and have found 2 of my friends that are also in your class! This year is gonna rock!

Cassie Loeloff

Anonymous said...

Mr. Palladino

My name is Halle Lange and I am so excited to be in your class. I hope you had a great summer.

damoncap said...

Hi Mr. Palladino,
My name is Jacob. I was right across the hall from you last year so I know right where to go! See you in the morning!!

Mom said...

Hi Mr. Palladino,
Firstly, welocme "Back to School" at SBS. Also wishing you a very successful 2008-2009 at SBS.

Nishita was in your 3rd grade class at SBS last year 2007-2008. We just wanted to update you on her behalf as she slowly adjusts to school here in Noida, India.

So far, she is adjusting well to the new school. You can check out her school (Lotus Valley International School) website at http://www.lotusvalley.com

They have tests and exams weekly. They also have school on 1st, 3rd 5th Saturday of every month. In fact they have half yearly exams coming up soon and her first one is on Information Technolgy - Practical Exams on Tuesday next week. After two weeks of exams they will have a 10 day break.

Nishita is very comfortable in her Math, English, and Science classes so far. In her Social Studies Class she is learnign a lot about Indian Geography. She has improved vastly in her Hindi language class. She also participated in nation wide Information Technology Olympiad and is awaiting her results. A new subject for her is GK General Knowledge which teaches them about various things happening around the world.

Sportswise - In school she has Horse Riding once a week. She also participated in city wide swim meet and qualified for a few final events in various stroles. Next Sat/Sun she is participating in DIstrict Wide swim meet.
She is busy practising her swim laps and preparing for her half yearly exams.

Culturewise - Nishita has visited Taj Mahal - world wonder and also the Red Fort in Agra, India. She will be sending yu her Taj Mahal pics shortly.

Mr. Palladino said...

It is so fascinating to hear how Nishita is doing so far in school. It sounds as if she is taking on some large challenges in the topics she's learning, but I know she will succeed in everything she does. The photos are amazing! What a wonderful experience it must have been to visit the Taj Mahal!

We are having a super start to the school year at SBS so far. Best of luck to you and your family this year! Please say Hello to Nishita for me and send her my best regards!

Leigh and Andrew said...

Hello 3P from 3Pa at MAS! I have been missing all of my SBS friends but I love my new school. I hope you all have had a wonderful first day and let me be the first to tell you all how lucky you are to have Mr. Palladino as your teacher! Have a great year and enjoy third grade!

Miss Paton
3rd grade MAS

Anonymous said...

Back to school in 3-Pal has been awesome! We have not really had to work at all. Yesterday we got to pop balloons!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mr.Palladino (and the rest of you)! I finally had
time to log on to your blog! Thank goodness it stopped raining. I can't wait for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

p.s see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Palladino,

I am so happy that I'm in your class!I have alot of friends!
Tell me if you need any help
tomorow,I'd be glad to help!


Your Student,
Emily Boyland

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr.Palladino,
I wish that tomorow we could
do some science!Then a Exparement
could explode!I'm sorry that
we were screaming when the lights
got out,but that was cool!

Your Student,Emily Boyland

Anonymous said...

hi remember me I was in your last year class. How are you doing.you like your class so far. have a great year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Palladino,
I am also very happy to be in your class and I already knew you from taking the Technology Class last year.

I'm ready for a great year. Now I need to go finish my homework.

Peanut Butter Sticks 8

Anonymous said...

Hola Mr.P,
I love this year!
There are lot's of new books in our library and I'm learning lot's of exciting math. In math can you tell us more about Wall Street?

Anonymous said...

I'm still going to write on your blog. I can't wait to read all the third graders comments!

Anonymous said...

Good information thank you closely monitor your success.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes!